Friday, July 24, 2015

FLORIDA!

This week I had the opportunity to head to Florida with some girlfriends for a much overdue beach vacation. I've known these gals all for 17ish years - a very long time - and we've been wonderful friends despite lots of changes in one another's lives. Jenn and Cyndi still live in Tennessee, I'm obviously in Minnesota, and Vicki lives in Florida. We all flew down, and stayed with Vicki, which was a nice break from paying for a hotel. I can't possibly describe all the fun things we did - late nights up talking, hours and hours sitting in clear, warm ocean water, sharing tears and hugs, squealing at Magic Mike, ice cream, a tour in the Everglades - but even if we hadn't done any of the "extras", it was wonderful to simply have some girl time. I missed my friends.







I'm sitting at the airport now, typing this up, and thinking of how blessed I am to have such wonderful, supportive women in my life that absolutely adore me as much as I adore them. I miss them already, but I'm leaving Florida with such a happy and full heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment