Friday, March 31, 2017

Back To It

After struggling through multiple injuries last year during the half training, I decided to give myself a break. I needed a physical break, but I very much needed a mental break, too. I was so disappointed that I did not get to knock the half-marathon off of my list. The injuries weren't my fault, of course, but I felt like a quitter. I'm finally itching to get back to it, and I think I've chosen a date. I'm aiming for a half-marathon on June 11th, and it'll benefit Wounded Warriors - specifically Marines. My brother completed three tours in Iraq and Afghanistan as a Marine, so I have quite a soft spot for soldiers. It'll be a race that means something, and that is motivating all on its own.


I probably should have started running 3-4 weeks ago, but I did not. So I'm starting my training tomorrow instead. I did gain a little weight when I stopped running last year, so I'm hoping that picking it back up will help to lean me out. I'm also hoping to experiment with more anti-inflammatory food/drinks so that hopefully I can prevent injuries.


Stay tuned, folks. It's about to get exciting around here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment