Thursday, February 13, 2014

Design Ideas

I've spent the better part of this past week decorating my new home. I should mention up front that I don't have a new home yet. Nor do I know where my new home will be.

Tiny details, people.

I'm already envisioning each room, and what I want it to look like. Moving into a new space is such a wonderful opportunity to do exactly what I want to do! The house I'm in now has cappuccino colored walls, dark accents, a richly colored olive/maroon area rug, and brown furniture. That's not me though. I thought it was, once upon a time, but these days I'm leaning towards bright and cheerful décor. I think when I bought my first house, I wanted to feel grown-up, and so I made purchases that I felt were grown-up. Of course now I know that's ridiculous. And thanks to the millions of magazines, shows, and blogs that celebrate color, I've had no shortage of design inspiration.  I want people to feel happy and comfortable while they are visiting, but most of all, I want to feel happy and comfortable each and every day! Here's a snapshot into my head...


My current house will go on the market in the next two to three weeks, and who knows how long it'll take to sell. But in the meantime, let there be shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment