Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mothers Day

Normally I'm a pretty awesome planner. It's a part of my personality that I imagine would be exhausting, the need to control everything down to the last minute. So imagine my surprise when a holiday snuck up on me!! With school, and other stuff going on I've been fairly distracted and for some reason thought I had another week. On Thursday I realized that Sunday was Mothers Day, and got to work planning the weekend.

I decided to make strawberry scones with strawberry honey butter, along with a few other things. I spent Friday baking, then went to visit my mother-in-law on Saturday. I ended up staying over there the entire afternoon. It's awfully special to feel just as at home at your in-law's house as you do at your own. My mother-in-law and I have a wonderful relationship, that only seems to become stronger year after year. She is very special to me - a kind, loving, wonderful woman of God and the rock of her family.  We had such a fun time catching up!

On Sunday I went to church with my mom, and then she came over for dinner along with my brother, Michael, and his son Aiden. I talk to my mommy every single day, but I love when we actually get to spend time together! She is absolutely awesome. My biggest fan, great friend, and never ending support system, regardless of what the situation. She prays with me, and for me, and I'm blessed to have her as mine!

A couple of pictures from the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment