Saturday, June 21, 2014

Work Fun in Atlanta

I just returned from my annual summit at work, and after a much needed 10 hours of sleep Thursday night I was back at the office Friday. My team is all over the US, so we don't see each other very often, and it's fun to come together and hang out. We worked during the day, and then went out each night to various places. Our hotel had a bar on the 72nd floor that spins with views of the city, so that was a favorite for sure! My room was on the 56th floor, so my view from there wasn't too shabby either.

With a room view like that, obviously I had my curtains all the way open. The second night we were there, I was walking around the room in minimal clothing (and by minimal, I mean none) because I'm on the 56th floor so who will see me, right? I was ironing by the window and happened to glance out and realize the elevator, the glass elevator that lets you see everything, runs right beside my window. So, it's possible that someone received a show they didn't expect! Eeeek. No one gave me any shocked/disgusted/embarrassed glances the next day in my meeting, so I feel confident I was safe...from my group at least, haha! Someone convinced me to sleep with the shades open to enjoy the city lights, and so I opened them after I turned my lights out Wednesday, and it.was.beautiful. I'm still a country girl at heart, and I could never live in a big city, but it's always exciting to visit!

I got about 12 hours of sleep in 3 days, and the worst was Wednesday. I was up late late late chatting, and then wide awake for way longer than I intended to be after that. I think I maybe got 3 hours of sleep that night, and had to sit through a meeting the first half of Thursday. I was running on fumes driving home that afternoon. Totally worth the lack of sleep though! And I snagged some fun pictures!

My views from the room


Braves game fun!

 
We ate lunch at a place connected to the Ritz-Carlton. This was the lobby.
 
 
This weekend I have big plans! Big plans to do absolutely nothing. Ha! This morning I slept till 9:30, cooked some breakfast while dancing and singing to Girls Chase Boys (y'all. Have you heard that song?! SO catchy!), and plopped myself on the couch to catch up on a little homework. Oh, a day in the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment