Friday, June 27, 2014

Poolside Shenanigans

Yesterday my bestie (Jenn, NOT Jenny. Supermom. Jennifer Karen. JennYo) and a couple of cousins decided to go swimming. Jenn actually married into my family, so I guess she is also a cousin....Maybe? It's all too complicated for me. All that matters is I claimed her first, so bestie is the title she generally carries around. They have six kids between them, so of course they all went, too. Can I just be honest and say that six feels like sixteen? Like, for real.

So on the way to the pool (we went to a really good one 40 minutes away) we busted out the Frozen soundtrack and sang American Idol finale style. Here's a random fun fact of the day for you. Jenn and I have been inseparable since we were ten years old, and the foundation of our relationship is the fact that we both love to sing obnoxiously loud and enjoy duet-ing together. You name any Disney movie, and we can probably pick a song to sing you and know who is going to get which parts in thirty seconds flat. Our poor parents. Jenn and I used to belt it out for hours together. And guess what? We still do!!! Now that she has kids, we are never without a reason to burst into random song and dance.

(But I mean, does anyone really ever need a reason to belt it out to Disney?! I think not.)

Frozen is the perfect movie - almost all the songs are duets. Ha! So we picked our parts right away, and we were off. At first the kids sang along, but at one point, when we added in arm motions to our words, they went completely silent and stared in horror. Yes, children. This is happening. We reeled them back in though and sang the same four songs on the soundtrack the entire way to and from the pool. Fun, fun times.


When we got back, somehow the conversation turned to, "I have stuff to make cookies. I bet Kris could whip some up." So into the kitchen I went with my little baking helper. We made chocolate chip/M&M cookies and they were fabulous!
 
 
When I got home, I discovered a sweet little yellow bag at my door. The card wasn't signed, but it contained lots of my favorite things and brightened up my day!

(oh, and apparently, I don't make my bed all the time)


I vote the next fun-filled day is at a pool on an island. With umbrella drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment