Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July! I hope yours was fantastic!

We celebrated my nephew's 5th birthday today this afternoon (his birthday was yesterday) at my mom's house, and then I hit my local park with some sweet friends for a concert, and a fireworks display. It really was a good day, and I had an absolute blast (pun intended).

This day holds some significance for me, and I began with a bit of a heavy heart. Fortunately, everyone that spent the day with me knew it, and they loved me all the way through with plenty of jokes and hugs. I managed to make it through with no major crying, though I did get a little teary eyed during the fireworks. The drunk guy getting arrested right next to me, however, served as a good distraction. I'm not sure I've ever seen someone get pulled out of a vehicle and handcuffed up close. Not gonna lie, I giggled a bit. He couldn't even walk! Very thankful for officers who take care of people like that.

I have a million pictures from the day, but here are a few of my favorites!

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment