Monday, July 28, 2014

Louisville Trip

I spent this weekend near Louisville visiting some dear friends of mine, Graham and Kim. It was fun, and exhausting.
 
I’d intended on heading that direction Friday after work, but I was drowning in homework, and I knew I needed to knock it out. I’m in accounting right now, and this is NOT my expertise. I feel like I’m pretty talented at BSing, but this subject is foreign to me, and might as well be in a different language. I’m actually needing to study to do well, and that is no fun at all. So I ended up leaving on Saturday morning instead.
 
Graham and I have known each other for nine years, so I’m familiar with his intense love of all things rice crispy treats. Kim and I share a mutual adoration of anything chocolate and peanut butter, so I decided to whip up a batch of Reeses Rice Crispy Treats to take along. Over the course of the weekend, the three of us came dangerously close to finishing the entire batch.
 
 
I was so excited to see their daughter. She is so sweet and cheery, and loves me as much as I love her. She showered me in compliments and hugs for two days, and asked if I could just move in. I feel like it’s an accomplishment that I managed to leave her there instead of taking her home with me.
 
 
Saturday night we went out with Graham’s brother and some of his friends. I didn’t get in bed until close to 4 AM….which reconfirmed that I am way too old for that, ha! We had a blast though.
 
 

I drove back yesterday listening to an obnoxious playlist that included Sir Mix-A-Lot, Color Me Badd, old school Usher, Spice Girls, and some random Christmas music to round it all out. I’m pretty sure that playlist falls into the “don’t judge me” category of my musical tastes. I got home a little after 8 PM, and managed to be in bed by 10. I neeeeeeded some sleep after Saturday’s late night out.
 
They sent me home with a baby lemon tree, which I am so excited about! Hopefully I can keep this little guy alive long enough to grow some lemons. I feel like it needs a name…but I don’t have anything clever at the moment.
 
 
Decisions, decisions.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment