Saturday, October 11, 2014

Exploring

The last couple of weeks have been eventful. Though I'm still enjoying Minnesota from my crappy hotel, it's amazing. The energy here is awesome. There is so much going on, and I want to do it all. The good news is that I'll be moving into my apartment in less than a week, and I'm STOKED. Let the decorating commence! I cannot WAIT to be in my own bed, with my own stuff. Also, my neighbors have sex really, REALLY frequently. And often after a big fight. Unfortunately, it's not polite; it's loud. The first night I was really embarrassed, but now I am used to it. It's still awkward, but I just turn the TV on. I hate to call the front desk - let 'em have fun. I'd rather them have fun when I'm not next door though.

Though I've unpacked a little here, it's not the same. I've also been dying to cook! I'm missing my green smoothies for breakfast, but I'm itching to make a good hearty stew and some crusty bread to soak it all up. It's chilly here, and I've already busted out the boots, so soups and stews are a no-brainer.

Last weekend I got to explore Minnehaha Park, which I've been anxious to do since I arrived. There is a waterfall in the middle of the city, so regardless of the size, it's bound to be pretty amazing. Though the waterfall is lovely, the trails are really fun. They go all around the park, and it's fall. So everything is just gorgeous. Fall is my absolute favorite. Something about the trees turning and the air getting crisp makes me feel invincible. There were wild turkey in the park, too! That made me super happy. Obviously.






Sunday I tried a new church, and I loved it. They were very welcoming and warm, and though I'd considered trying several churches, I've been looking forward to going back to this one all week. What I need are friends, and I saw many women that looked to be around my age there. It's a good place to start.

This weekend is looking to be a fun one, too. I went for a jog this morning, then got a manicure. I'm happy to report I no longer look like Edward Scissorhands. This afternoon I visited a friend and got a little lesson in home brewed beer.

 
Let's talk about how I'm thirty years old and have never been introduced to all of the amazing kinds of craft beer out there. The cook in me appreciates the complexity of brewing unique creations. When I learned that the recipes can be custom-created, I immediately started dreaming of combinations in my head to try. My goal is to manipulate my friend into brewing them for me. He's easily bribed by baked goods, and I am one heck of a good baker, so I think I can convince him. We're gonna call it Operation Kris-B (see what I did there? like krispy? except kris-"b" for brews) I admit, that sounded much better in my head, but I'm far too lazy to brainstorm, so that's the official name. I tried to name a program this week at work, and it didn't go much better than that. Clearly, my marketing class isn't working for me. Or I just do better thinking in the morning. Yes, let's go with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment